Openstack resize instance no valid host was found
Today I had to resize an instance in my OpenStack and noticed that I couldn’t do that because of an error: “No valid host was found. No valid host found for resize (HTTP 400)“. Soon enough I understood OpenStack was trying to resize the instance by using another host, however my setup is a all-in-one node.
is rather simple: set the property allow_resize_to_same_host to true in /etc/nova/nova.conf . After this restart nova-compute and nova-api by doing
# systemctl restart openstack-nova-compute # systemctl restart openstack-nova-api
Also be careful, if you set up to save the root disk inside of Cinder (boot and create volume). I still haven’t found a way to resize using Nova. Inexplicably the request times out and the instance enters the state VM_ERROR. The workaround I used is:
- Delete the instance while keeping the volume that contains the root.
- Create a new instance booting from the root volume of the precedent.
- Re-assign floating IP.
EDIT: After a few tweaks and a reboot I can now resize instances with root disk inside Cinder. It was probably due to a malfunction in the cinder-scheduler component.
Latest posts by mark (see all)
- 2020 A year in review for Marksei.com - 30 December 2020
- Red Hat pulls the kill switch on CentOS - 16 December 2020
- OpenZFS 2.0 released: unified ZFS for Linux and BSD - 9 December 2020