Fedora 23 changes (now with GNOME 3.18)
When will it be out?
Fedora 23 will be released on
27th October 2015 3rd November 2015. It has been delayed after a few bugs were discovered by the quality assurnace team.
This version of Fedora is not as exciting as past 21 or 22, however it will include some interesting under-the-hood features. Since there are not many changes specific to spins I will list them together.
- Firmware upgrades for UEFI 2.5+.
- Fedora 23 will feature Python 3 and Perl 5.22.
- Mono stack updated from version 2.1 to Mono 4.0.
- Unicode 8.0 support.
- SSLv3 and the RC4 cipher are now disabled by default.
- SELinux will store policies under /var/lib/selinux/.
- Fedora 23 will have a Cinnamon spin.
- Fedup has been integrated in DNF.
- LibreOffice 5 will be default in this release.
- Fedora 23 Atomic Host will be released every two weeks to keep up with the fast life cycle.
- Fedora 23 Cloud will feature Docker 1.8.
- Wayland improved HiDPI compatibility.
Maybe the most exciting change for not-too-technical people will be the new version of GNOME 3.18 which is keeping up the hard work to win back many unsatisfied users. And let me say this: they’re really working hard.